The McHenry County Sportsmen’s Association
The McHenry County Sportsmen’s Association (MCSA) is an organization of shooters, hunters, archers, fishermen and others dedicated to outdoor sports and conservation. We support responsible gun ownership and sportsmen’s rights in response to gun laws and sports related legislation under consideration in U. S. Congress and the Illinois State Legislature.
Our Mission and Principles:
- Promote and foster encouragement of all shooting sports.
- Educate the members and the general public concerning the safe operation of firearms and all forms of Outdoor Sportsmanship such archery, fishing, hunting, and trapping.
- Promote Conservation awareness to pursue better hunting, trapping and fishing opportunities for sportsmen.
- Protect and defend the inalienable rights of the individual American citizen guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States.
- Maintain an affiliation with the National Rifle Association for benefits to the members.
- Maintain an affiliation with the Director of Civilian Marksmanship.
- Promote and maintain friendly relations with landowners and sportsmen.
- Promote awareness and observation of the state, national and international wildlife and conservation laws.
- Rent or lease facilities for and to promote all aspects of the shooting sports for the association members and guests.
- Support other local, state, national and international sportsmen and shooting organizations.
- Establish a fund to lease, purchase and own land and buildings and make changes to such lands and buildings which will support the activities of its members and guests; to eventually in future time to acquire and hold personal property to be used in the furtherance of the purposes of the association.