McHenry County Sportsmen’s Association
The McHenry County Sportsmen’s Association requires all prospective members to read and agree to the oath of membership. Please read the following:
- To support and defend the United States and Illinois Constitutions.
- Preserve, protect and defend the right to bear arms.
- Preserve, protect and defend the right to hunt and fish.
- To promote and encourage firearms safety and training.
- To promote ethical conduct and behavior of shooting sportsmen.
- To create and cultivate outdoor recreational opportunities for responsible sportsmen.
- To promote adherence to the principles of the “fair chase.”
- To create and encourage an awareness of the need for wise use and proper management of the earth’s natural resources.
- To promote good sportsmanship and foster the conservation and wise use of our renewable wildlife resources.
- To create and encourage the spirit of cooperation between landowners and sportsmen, providing a benefit to both groups.
- To voluntarily support and augment our local, county and other first responders in times of need through training and education.